If you could see inside my head, this is what it would probably look like...

If you could see inside my head, this is what it would probably look like...

11 January 2008

I Wish I Had Been Invited to This Press Conference: The Amazon Kindle

I have been reading a lot about Amazon's new tech toy, the Kindle. Everyone at the press conference for its launch got one for free, how cool is that?! It seems a bit pricey for my poor college student budget to handle, but I am definitely thinking about saving up for one. It is a digital book downloading device, and one blogger describes it as an iPod for books. Plus it has wireless connectivity built in, so you can browse RSS feeds and preset Web sites that come loaded on the Kindle.

Here are some examples of articles on the device:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/19/kindle-first-impressions/
http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/11/amazon-kindle-meet-amazons-e-book-reader/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mQOQX2V7KT9ZY:m4H02MFJUILVP
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1079387

The last link is the news release from Amazon when they announced the Kindle for sale.

1 comment:

Ran said...

oh this is the one you talked about yesterday. it's bigger than i imagined, but anyway bigger screen means more readable. shame it's not in colours but i believe it will be very soon.